Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hello Pioneers!

As I begin my third week in graduate school in the MAT (masters of art in teaching) program, this empty skeleton of a blog has been plaguing my mind.

I'm so utterly torn because on one hand, I want to write (I LONG to write, I NEED to write, I MUST write--It's the journalist in me, I certainly can't help it) but each time I open up the page I am hit by an unbelievable wave of of guilt. Truth be told, I don't have time to write--but I guess that's all part of the process!

It's Tuesday evening and I've finished all my homework for Wednesday--I even got a little jump on Thursday's tasks. But here I am, the guilt has lifted! Throughout the past two weeks I've had idea after idea of things I wanted to share with you all, beloved readers (hello? anyone out there?), but alas--so much time has flown by I now have no idea where to begin!

I guess I will start here, for now: I'm starting my graduate study at Lewis & Clark College in pursuit of my masters degree in teaching! My goal: to become an elementary school teacher! Yes, I'm fully aware that those rugrats cry and drool and aren't quite certain how to become real-life human beings...but someone's gotta do it! Enter, Teacher Makenna.

How I got to this point in my life is a story for another time, but the journey is undeniably bound to make it's debut as we go!

My hopes for this blog are as follow: I want to chronicle my experiences in the MAT program, explaining the good, the bad, and the ugly. This will be a place for me to reflect on my long hours of classes and all the information my professors and classmates are cramming into my [not-so] feeble mind, and also a place for other MAT students to vent and relieve a little stress! I also expect to continue blogging through the process of graduating, and job hunting, and eventually my experiences in my own classroom as a new teacher.

Feel free to ask questions, make comments, or kindly remind me to get back to work :)

In the mean time, enjoy the chaos that is my life.

Sincerely,

Teacher Makenna (Miss B? Miss Bishop? hmm...suggestions?)

Ps. As a shout out to my wonderful Canadian family, I have to add that while Lewis & Clark is a college and not a university...it actually holds a LOT of merit :) Especially in the teaching world! But if it makes you feel more comfortable, we can all just pretend it's a university, I wont tell anyone. You have my word.

3 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Makenna! I'm so glad you started blogging. I can't wait to hear about the journey to LC and everything that happens while you're at school all day! I'm so proud of you sweetie. I love you! Looking forward to the next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Teacher's love to tell their tales! We have so many of them :) This better be linked on your fb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to have something else to read besides facebook!! Woot Woot This is way more interesting! Can't wait till you post again!! love you

    ReplyDelete